Statement of Beliefs
This Statement of Beliefs not only reflects doctrine, but also beliefs that we strongly hold to as a church.
1. We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of man and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith, life, and conduct.(Gen. 1:31; Ex. 31:17; 1 Cor. 2:7-14; 2 Tim. 3:15-17;Heb. 4:12; 2 Peter 1:20-21; 1 John 2:20)
2. We believe in one living and true God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.(Deut. 6:4; Is. 45:5-7; 1 Cor. 8:4; John 1:12, 4:24; Matt. 28:19;2 Cor. 13:14; Eph. 3:9, 4:6; Rom. 8:14-15; 1 Chron. 29:11; Gal. 4:5; Heb. 12:5-9; Ps. 145:8-9)
3. We believe Jesus Christ, without any change in His eternal deity, became man through conception by the Holy Spirit and virgin birth, that He died on the cross, a perfect and complete sacrifice, in our stead and for our sins according to the Scriptures. He arose bodily from the dead, and ascended into heaven where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.(John 1:1-3, 14:9; Col. 2:9; Heb. 1:2; Phil. 2:5-11; Is. 7:14, 9:6; Ps. 2:7-9; Rom. 5:8; Acts 1:9-11, 17:30-31; Eph. 1:22; 1 Thess. 4:13-18;1 Tim. 2:5; Rev. 20)
4. We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict of sin and regenerate the sinner upon believing in Christ, at the time of regeneration baptizing the believer into the one body of which Christ is the Head; and to indwell, guide, instruct, fill, and empower the believer for godly living and service.(Gen. 1:2; Ps. 139:7-10; Is. 40:13-14; Matt. 1:18;John 3:5-7, 14:16-17; Acts 1:5, 2:4; Rom. 8:9-11 & 29, 15:13; 1 Cor. 2:10-13, 12:13; Eph. 1:13, 2:22, 4:30; Heb. 10:15-17)
5. We believe that man was directly created by God in His own image, but fell into sin. The entire human race is, therefore, lost and only through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ, and regeneration of the Holy Spirit, can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.(Gen. 2:7; Ps. 14:1-3; Is. 43:7; Jer. 17:9; John 3:36; James 3:9;Col. 1:16; Rom. 3:9-18, 23, 6:23;1 John 1:8; 1 Pet. 1:18-19; Eph. 2:1-3)
6. We believe that the atoning death of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground of justification and salvation for all who believe, and that only such as receive Jesus Christ by personal faith are born of the Holy Spirit and by Him are sealed to the day of redemption.(Rom. 3:24-25, 5:8-9, 4:25, 6:5-10; John 10:15; 1 Peter 2:24, 3:18; 2 Cor. 5:14-15; Luke 24:38-39; Heb. 7:25, 9:24; 1 John 2:1)
7. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, of the believer to the everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, and of the unbeliever to the judgement and everlasting and conscious punishment. We believe in the personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to earth and the establishment of His kingdom. We believe in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment, the eternal felicity of the righteous, and the endless suffering of the wicked.” (Dan. 12:2; Matt. 25:41-46; John 6:39; Rom. 8:10-11, 19-23; Rev. 6:9-11, 20:4-6, 20:7, 20:13-15)
8. We believe that the Church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ, of which He is the Head.(Matt. 28:19-20; 1 Cor. 12:12-13, 15:51-52; 2 Cor. 11:2; Eph. 1:22, 3:21, 4:12,15, 5:23-32; Col. 1:18; Acts 2:1-21, 38-47; 1 Thess. 1:1-2, 4:13-18; 2 Thess. 1:1; Heb. 10:25, 13:7; Gal. 1:2; Phil. 1:1; 1 Tim. 5:17-22; 2 Tim. 2:2, 3:16-17; Titus 1:5; Rev. 19:7-8)
9. We believe that water baptism and the Lord's Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church during this present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means of salvation.(Acts 2:38-42, 8:36-39;Rom. 6:1-11; 1 Cor. 10:16, 11:23-32)
10. We believe that all the saved should live in such a manner as will honor and glorify and not bring reproach upon their Savior and Lord, and that it is commanded of God to remain separate from false doctrines, and sinful pleasures, practices, and associations.(Matt. 5:2-12; 2 Thess. 1:11-12; Heb. 12:1-2, 14; Titus 2:11-14;1 John 3:1-10; Rom. 12:1-2; 2 Cor. 7:1)
11. We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male and female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. Therefore, we believe that marriage is an ordinance and has been established by God. Marriage is defined by God as a covenantal union of one man and one woman in which such union is a lifetime commitment. (Gen. 2:18-25; Mark 10:5-9; I Cor. 7:3-5; Eph. 5:22-32)
12. We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. (Ps. 139)
*Note: This statement of beliefs does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of CrossWinds Church’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy and discipline, the Elder Board is CrossWinds Church’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.