Below you will find the 4 Phase Plan that CrossWinds is follow concerning the re-opening of Crosswinds. Check it out and share it with others. Also note that before we move into each phase we will be giving more specifics. We look forward to the day that we are able to come together and worship again.
This has already been a year that we’ll remember. In less than three months our church, our community, and our world have been disrupted and changed in a way that nobody could have imagined at the start of 2020. Let’s lean in to what God is teaching us right now and learn even more about how to live in tune with His Spirit.
In an effort to continue living out our mission as a church and care for those God has entrusted to us, we have prayerful put together a FOUR PHASE PLAN for RE-OPEN. Every effort is being made to ensure that each phase is prepared to be in harmony with our state and local leadership, CDC recommendations and the heartbeat of our church family.
PHASE ONE: SAFER AT HOME
GATHERINGS OF 10 OR FEWER…
- Continue video recording of music with the worship team with no more than 10 in the building.
- Sanitize and clean worship equipment in advance of taping.
- Continue live-streaming messages, announcements, communion, etc. each Sunday via crosswindschicago.online.church, Facebook and Youtube.
- Services will be at 10am on Sunday and 7pm on Wednesday night. These services will be hosted to encourage interaction.
- Community groups will meet online via Zoom.
- Children’s ministry will meet via Facebook and Zoom.
- Student Ministries will meet
PHASE TWO: SAFER-AT-HOME BUT MODIFIED
GATHERINGS OF 10 OR FEWER | STARTING May 29
- Continue to pre-record all services and Children's Ministry keep all meetings online.
- In anticipation of RE-OPEING service times will be at 9am and 11am
PHASE THREE: SOCIAL & DISTANT
GATHERINGS OF 50 OR FEWER | START DATE: JUNE 27 & 28
- Continue to pre-record all services and stream at 9am and 11am.
NEW MAJOR CHANGES!
- We will host Three services… A Family Service on Saturday at 5pm (This service will be an interactive, kids-focused, with songs, a Bible Story and a Biblical take away.) Sunday Services at 9am and 11am. We will encourage people to pre-register for a service to attend. (You will be able to register online at crosswindschicago.life)
- Seating will be limited and spread out to accommodate local distancing guidelines. We will create additional services as needed.
- No matter what service you attend families will stay together. There will be no CrossWinds Kids Ministry available during this phase.
- Masks must be worn at all times on CrossWinds property.
- Offering plates will be located at the entrance of the auditorium.
- On Communion Sundays: Communion will be prepackaged and placed on where seating is available.
- No food or drink will be served.
- The Community center will be closed before and after the services.
- This will be a no contact service.
- Bathrooms will be open but use will be limited to one person at a time.
- High touch surfaces, pews, and bathrooms will be sanitized between services.
We encourage those with compromised immune systems, in an at-risk category, or simply not ready to return to seriously consider whether or not you should attend an in person service. Remember online services will continue to be provided.
PHASE FOUR: THE NEW NORMAL
GATHERINGS OF ???? | START DATE TBD
- We will evaluate our services and times.
- Online content will continue to be offered.
- Children’s ministry will be re-opened with new guidelines.
- Student Ministries will resume meeting together once again.
- Ministry events will be scheduled and resume.